More items related to this product
Best-selling in Flashes
Save on Flashes
- £41.05Trending at £41.94
- £183.08Trending at £199.52
- £161.00Trending at £166.95
- £139.00Trending at £219.22
- £134.00Trending at £166.51
- £78.00Trending at £90.29
- £152.14Trending at £189.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe HVL-F58AM flash unit delivers flexible lighting control for a (alpha) DSLR photographers. The ''Quick Shift Bounce'' system allows the flash to pivot 90 degrees left and right to maintain a proper lighting position, even when shooting vertically. The HVL-F58AM can also wirelessly control up to three groups of flashes, and Wireless Ratio Control allows you to specify luminosity ratios for each group. Additionally, the HVL-F58AM features an effective range of more than 45 feet and a fast, five-second recharge time. A built-in wide panel and bounce sheet provide an even greater degree of creative control.
- Guide Number58 m/ISO 100
- Lens Coverage24mm - 105mm
- Supported Exposure ControlTTL
- Compatible BrandSony
- Vertical Rotation Angle+90 / -10
- Horizontal Rotation Angle+90 / -90
- Additional FeaturesAF illuminator,High Speed Synchronization (HSS),Illuminated LCD display,Wireless off-camera control
- Required Battery4 x battery - AA type
- Width7.7 cm
- Height14.7 cm
- Depth10.6 cm
- Weight440 g
Most relevant reviews
- kurzell24 May, 2017by
Well-built, easy to use, no apparent faults.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- toshanco26 Apr, 2016by
Good Kit, but better is available for less
As a life-long fan of Minolta photo equipment, it was easy to buy this when I was looking for a second remote flash - and I wasn't disappointed. Well not at first anyway. It does everything that it is claimed to do and it's TTL system is excellent. The only real problems relate to it's cost, it is very expensive compared to others, and can only easily be used with a Sony (or Minolta) camera because of the non-standard design of hot-shoe - although adapters can be bought for it. The manual is easy enough to follow, but read through it carefully as I found myself being mislead at times, for which I think the translation from Japanese may have been responsible. Also, allow yourself a lot of time to get used to the instructions. The cheapness and readily available remote 'flash-triggers' have really made this sort of dedicated flash almost obsolete. A much cheaper made flash, such as those coming from China, are less that a quarter of the price and when used with a remote trigger (cost about a tenner or so) this is a much more cost effective way of controlling the flash. You could even buy a cheap flash meter, the alternative flash gun and the remote & still only pay about half of the price of this unit. In summary, I can say nothing really negative about this flash - but you could save a lot of money by going for the alternatives, which do the same job more easily! Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- linton5zero21 Apr, 2012by
A Brilliant Piece of Kit and then some!
I've been meaning to buy this sony flash for quite a while now, it was just too expensive for me when it first came out. Had to wait till either I earned more money or it became way cheaper. First off, its a lovely piece of kit, its heavy and well built and oh so sturdy. The functions are easy to understand and very simple to execute. using it on my A900 has seriously made me love flash photography, if you use it correctly you can take flash images without looking like flash photography (hope that makes sense), you can just have a little sparkle in peoples eyes, or have very shallow depth of field using HSS mode, making the image really pop out from its surroundings and still have it looking very professional indeed. Its tilt and bounce mode is also extremely versatile, you can move the flash to have a subtle shadow on the left or right of the subject, or no shadow at all. It has a wireless function which has a far longer firing range than it says in the manual (unless I read it wrong). I could go on some more on how great this flash is, and Im glad I waited till the price was manageable too, which brings me to my sticking point on pricing of this unit,I do not understand why flash units are so expensive!?, yeah sure I could buy the Minolta equivalent 2nd hand hand, or buy a 3rd party cheapy, or even a Metz gun, but for me it had to be the HVL F58AM for all its functions and versatility.(PS - sorry my grammar is awful) Read full review
- cdem523427 Jun, 2011by
Awesome product - Good value for money
For shooting pictures in dark places and for an outdoor complementary use. Good material and design. Its position can be changed for "vertical" shooting. A bit large and heavy. It's a must for medium-high Alpha Sony cameras.
- osanchezblanco07 Jul, 2011by
Best Sony Flash
Really are the best flash for Sony DSLR cameras. 100% recommended. Fast sincro, ergonomy ... I like it .