Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAppearing here in English for the first time, Michel Chion's Sound addresses the philosophical questions that inform our encounters with sound, stimulating our thinking about being open to new sounds and to explore the links between language, technology, culture, and hearing.
- Author BiographyMichel Chion is a composer, filmmaker, teacher, researcher, and the author of several books, including Film, A Sound Art; The Voice in Cinema; and Audio-Vision: Sound on Screen. James A. Steintrager is Professor of English, Comparative Literature, and European Languages and Studies at the University of California, Irvine; he is the author, most recently, of The Autonomy of Pleasure: Libertines, License, and Sexual Revolution.
- Author(s)Michel Chion
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note25 illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byJames A. Steintrager
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.05Trending at £6.25
- £28.00Trending at £33.88
- £24.08Trending at £37.94
- £24.88Trending at £39.88
- £42.41Trending at £64.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.