Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.21
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £9.84
- £14.99Trending at £17.00
- £14.87Trending at £16.69
- £4.51Trending at £5.02
- £6.98Trending at £7.17
About this product
- DescriptionConcerns the way we read - or rather, imagine we are listening to - ancient Greek and Latin poetry. This book shows how an understanding of the effects of word order and meter is vital for appreciating the meaning of classical poetry, composed for listening audiences.
- Author BiographyMark W. Edwards is Emeritus Professor of Classics at Stanford University. He is the author of Homer: Poet of the Iliad and Volume 5 of The Iliad: A Commentary .
- Author(s)Mark W. Edwards
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication05/01/2004
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleMartin Classical Lectures
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Notebibliographical references , index
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.