Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £57.45Trending at £60.26
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £12.34
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures source readings on history, society, and thought in China. This book aims to bring together source texts from more than three centuries of Chinese history, with opening essays by China authorities providing context for readers not familiar with the period in question. It covers Sino-Western contacts in the 17th century.
- Author BiographyWm. Theodore de Bary is John Mitchell Mason Professor Emeritus and Provost Emeritus at Columbia University, and Director of the Heyman Center for the Humanities. He has written extensively on Confucianism in East Asia, and is coeditor of the first edition of Sources of Chinese Tradition, as well as Sources of Japanese Tradition and Sources of Korean Tradition. Richard Lufrano is assistant professor of Chinese history at the College of Staten Island and the author of Honorable Merchants: Commerce and Self-Cultivation in Late Imperial China.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2000
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleIntroduction to Asian Civilizations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight1063 g
- Width231 mm
- Height155 mm
- Edited byIrene Bloom,Richard Lufrano,Wm. Theodore De Bary
- Format DetailsTrade binding
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.