All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- Author(s)Gary Baines
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleWar, Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note16 bw illus
- Weight585 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 1. Writing on the Wrong Side of History? SADF Soldier-Authors Reclaim the Border War 2. The Spectre of Vietnam: Lessons and Legacies of the Border War 3. The Cultural Construction of Combat: Narrative Templates of the Border War 4. Codes of Conduct in Captivity: Narratives of South African POWs in Angola 5. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Victimhood: A South African War Veteran's Story 6. The Battle for Cassinga: Competing Narratives and Complicating Histories 7. The Battle of Cuito Cuanavale: Successful Stalemate and Vicarious Victory 8. Digging up the Past: Revisiting the 1989 Namibian Ceasefire Violation 9. The Freedom Park Fracas: Memorialising the Border War 10. Veteranhood and the National Service Generation 11. Conclusion Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyGary Baines is Professor of History at Rhodes University, South Africa.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.