Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £6.25Trending at £8.79
- £6.40Trending at £12.27
- £20.98Trending at £22.63
- £6.89Trending at £9.62
- £5.99Trending at £7.81
- £30.75Trending at £32.20
- £6.99Trending at £13.45
About this product
- DescriptionA group of National Guardsmen are performing routine training exercises in the boggy swamplands of the Louisiana bayou. They are all fairly new to the game and without live ammunition, but in their carelessness and cockiness they offend some of the locals by firing blanks at them. The angry Cajuns fight back for their turf and pride in a conflict that escalates to terrifying guerilla warfare and serves as an allegory of America's involvement in the Vietnam War.
- Leading Role 1Keith Carradine
- Director 1Walter Hill
- Leading Role 2Powers Boothe
- Leading Role 3Fred Ward
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2007
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time106 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- pikey26126329 Sep, 2016by
Great suspense film
Arrived on time and in great condition
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- iancarmic-627 Jul, 2016by
meaningful characters come to light in the film.
gripping film from the start and right to the end. Edge of the seat stuff throughout the movie.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- malcolmr44016 Feb, 2009by
I have seen many films over the years but this is outstanding.The storyline,the way it is filmed and last but not least the music and the soundtrack that runs throughout.Excellent.
- treborrock25 Jun, 2008by
Not much comfort...
A great film on several levels. It can be a straightforward action thriller, and works well as such. It can also be a critique of several facets of the American psyche, including macho gun totin' rednecks. But the layer over these two is what really makes the film - it's an allegory of the USA disastrous intervention in Vietnam. The failure there is mirrored in the small scale failures of the National Guard team in the Louisiane swamps, confronted by an enemy they did not understand and constantly under-estimated. Sound familiar?...Iraq, Afghanistan, anywhere that the West led by the USA believes in its absolute version of 'truth' and in might as the only way to tackle those who disagree.
- tew146102 Mar, 2008by
superb film.in the same vein as deliverance
what starts out as weekend maneuvers for the guardsmen,it soon becomes a life or death,kill or be killed hunt through the swamps.A must see film packed with edge of your seat suspense.