Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCircus monkey Ham III (voiced by Andy Samberg) works in a circus where he's regularly shot from a canon but he still lives in the shadow of his father's legacy (Ham I was the first chimp shot into space in 1961). A natural born rebel against authority, Ham the third is initially reluctant to go on a dangerous space mission to rescue a lost space probe, but away he goes, for lots of RIGHT STUFF-style astro-training alongside two highly prepared chimps, Luna and Titan (Cheryl Hines and Patrick Warburton). NASA's by-the-book methods jar with Ham's mischief-making of course, but once the space training ends, the mission begins, with myriad dangers along the way, including: a big-toothed monster and a run amok alien named Zartog (Jeff Daniels) whose harnessed the previous space probe for world-domination purposes, all good opportunities for Ham III to redeem himself. Despite all the fangs, parents shouldn't worry too much; not a hair on any chimp is seriously singed, and along the pratfall strewn way there's time for lessons about responsibility and realization of one's full potential. <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>The animation here is pretty and colourful, with a pleasing Candyland quality to the alien planet surface. Samberg brings a savvy zest to his vocal duties as the Ham, Stanley Tucci is a nefarious senator and--getting big laughs with flawlessly deadpan elan--Patrick Breen as one of the trio of egghead scientists. Kird De Micco directed; based on the computer video game.
- Voice byKristin Chenoweth,Jeff Daniels,Stanley Tucci,Kenan Thompson,Patrick Warburton,Kath Soucie,Jane Lynch,Patrick Breen,Cheryl Hines,Carlos Alazraqui,Andy Samberg
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2008
- Running Time78 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- mumdadseven08 Jul, 2010by
i love this film. a great fun filled family film about a chimp who finds out he is related to ham the 1st chimp in space.
- gillian2005cats06 Apr, 2010by
it is a great family film very funny. the chimps show how intelligent they really are. and that the humans are too bright. great colour and aliens lovely story line would recommend.
- 823170566@delet...17 Feb, 2009by
this was a very good dvd i like it because it was a funny dvd it was all no bad bits likes i would buy again
- yolliemania09 Feb, 2009by
***** Space Chipms
Hey there, this was a funny movie that we didn't get a chance to see at the cinema! This was one many dvd's on the kids list. I was very dissappointed with selling process but there you go, the movie freezes at some points during the movie, the sound quality is very poor, apart from that the kids are satisfied who am I to moan!
- the-ministry-of...05 Feb, 2009by
Space Chimps (DVD)
To be honest Im 32 an like films like The Incredebals and Monsters Inc for there tecnical detail and the fact that as an adult they are entertainingly writen with adults in mind as well as children. How ever to get to the point this film is not writen for adults in mind so yes the kids will like it but it wont entertain grown ups much. So if your buying for the kids this is ok but for the family look elsewere
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £4.91Trending at £5.00
- £4.96Trending at £5.21
- £15.95Trending at £16.19
- £11.75Trending at £12.07
- £13.80Trending at £16.70
- £33.99Trending at £43.83
- £24.45Trending at £39.00