All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £12.17Trending at £13.34
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £10.15Trending at £14.95
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in collaboration with the International Space University --P. v.
- Author BiographyJoseph N. Pelton, Ph.D., is the principal of Pelton Consulting International. He is President of the International Space Safety Foundation and a member of the Executive Board of the International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety. He is the former Dean of the International Space University and Director Emeritus of the Space and Advanced Communications Research Institute (SACRI) at George Washington University. Dr. Pelton served as Director of the Accelerated Masters Program in Telecommunications and Computers at the George Washington University from 1998 to 2004. Dr. Pelton was the Director of the Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program at the University of Colorado from 1988 to 1997, and at the time it was the largest such graduate program in the U.S. He previously held various positions at Intelsat and Comsat including serving as Director of Project SHARE and Director of Strategic Policy for Intelsat. Intelsat's Project SHARE gave birth to the Chinese National TV University. Dr. Pelton was the founder of the Arthur C. Clarke Foundation and remains as the Vice Chairman on its Board of Directors. He has been active in the Arlington, Virginia community for many years as President of the Arlington County Civic Federation, as a member of the Long Range Planning Commission that initiated smart growth in Arlington and is currently Chairman of the IT Advisory Commission for Arlington County and Chair of the Civic Federation's Environmental Committee. Pelton is widely published with some 35 books written, co-authored or co-edited. His Global Talk won the Eugene Emme Literature Award and was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. He is the co-author of the book Future Cities published by the Intelligent Communities Forum and is currently working on a book called Safe Cities that examines how broadband communications systems can make cities safer and more responsive to the needs of citizens and improve education and health care services. Most of his books are about space, satellite communications, and the future of technology and its impact on society. He is on the Advisory Board of the World Future Society and also frequently speaks and writes as a futurist. Dr. Pelton is a member of the International Academy of Astronautics, an Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and a Fellow of the International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety (IAASS). He was the Founding President of the Society of Satellite Professional International (SSPI) and a member of the SSPI Hall of Fame. In 2005 he won the ISCe Award for excellence in education and has also won the International Communication Association (ICA) award as the educator of the year. For the last two years he has served as President of the Comsat Alumni and Retirees Association. He received his degrees as follows: B.S. from the University of Tulsa, M.S. from the New York University and his doctorate from Georgetown University.
- Author(s)Joseph N. Pelton
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Space Development
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note25 Illustrations, color; 2 Illustrations, black and white; VII, 84 p. 27 illus., 25 illus. in color.
- Weight156 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.