CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £27.00Trending at £30.49
- £12.50Trending at £13.73
- £17.32Trending at £18.01
- £9.50Trending at £16.53
- £4.97Trending at £6.99
- £5.61Trending at £9.99
- £9.99Trending at £11.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated book provides the vision and rationale as to why humanity is leaving its cradle, Earth, to use space resources and to establish offworld settlements. The user-friendly volume offers numerous photographs, diagrams, exhibits, and case studies.
- Author BiographyAs a behavioral scientist, Dr. Harris' career spans some sixty years devoted to human resource and organization development. A management psychologist, he has successfully assisted over 200 clients systems worldwide. For the past twenty-five years, he has concentrated on a specialization in space psychology, serving as a NASA consultant and Faculty Fellow, as well as Associate Fellow for the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. A professional futurist, the focus of his leading-edge research and practice on human behavior has been leadership, change, communication, culture, and management. Dr. Harris has authored or edited some forty-four published books, most recently Future Possibilities - Toward Human Emergence and Managing the Knowledge Culture. His classic volume, Managing Cultural Differences, is now in a seventh edition and used as a textbook in four hundred universities and colleges. As co-author of Multicultural Law Enforcement, this best-seller is in a third edition and widely used in criminal justice systems. Besides two prior editions of Living and Working in Space, he has also written a novel, Launch Out - a science-based scenario about private enterprise prospects in lunar industrialization. Phil has also written some 250 journal articles, wining eight times the journalism award of excellence from the Aviation/Space Writers Association. He has edited three professional journals, founding one entitled Space Governance. For the past ten years he was a member of the editorial board for The European Business Review where his articles also won a literary award for excellence. In his multifaceted career, our author has been both a college and corporate vice president, lectured or taught at universities throughout the world. He has been recipient of numerous awards and grants, including from the U. S. Office of Naval Research and the U. S. State Department as a Fulbright Professor to India. A graduate of St. John's (BBA) and Fordham (MS/Ph.D) Universities, Dr. Harris resides in La Jolla, California. He is listed in several biographical directories, including Who's Who in America.
- Author(s)Philip Harris
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleSpringer Praxis Books / Space Exploration
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1130 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.