All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Henry Kamen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Content Note11 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface to the Fourth Edition. List of maps. Glossary. A note on coinage. Prelude. 1. The Catholic Monarchs 1469-1516. 2. The rise of empire: Charles V 1516-1558. 3. A world power: Philip II 1556-1598. 4. The crisis of government 1598-1660. 5. Spain's people in an age of crisis. The survival of the middle classes. 6. The end of the old empire 1660-1714. Appendix 1. Dynastic table of Spanish rulers, 1474-1700. Appendix 2. Economic and demographic statistics. Maps. Bibliographical Note. Index.
- Author BiographyHenry Kamen obtained his doctorate at Oxford and has been a professor at universities in Britain, Spain and the United States. He is emeritus of the Higher Council for Scientific Research, Spain, and a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, London. An eminent authority on Spanish history, he has written over twenty studies in the field, including The Spanish Inquisition (new edition, 2014), Philip of Spain (1997), Spain's Road to Empire (2002), and The Escorial (2010).
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.20Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.