All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch like the US, the countries of Western Europe have experienced massive immigration over the years. Spain, in particular, has been receiving thousands of new immigrants. This study is based on a sample of almost 7,000 second-generation students who were interviewed in Madrid and Barcelona in 2008 and then re-interviewed four years later.
- Author BiographyAlejandro Portes is a best-selling UC Press author, Howard Harrison and Gabrielle S. Beck Professor of Sociology (emeritus) at Princeton University, and Research Professor at the University of Miami. He is a former president of the American Sociological Association and a member of the National Academy of Sciences. Rosa Aparicio is Senior Researcher at the Ortega y Gasset University Institute of Madrid and the current chair of the Spanish National Board for Immigrant Integration. William Haller is Associate Professor of Sociology at Clemson University; he has published widely on immigration and second-generation adaptation in the United States.
- Author(s)Alejandro Portes,Rosa Aparicio Gomez,William Haller
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication13/05/2016
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note19 b/w photographs, 15 figures, 75 tables
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £9.01Trending at £12.99
- £8.87Trending at £9.89
- £6.03Trending at £6.18
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.93Trending at £25.79
- £11.71Trending at £12.77
- £21.48Trending at £29.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.