Consider these sponsored items
- £20.98Was:£24.99Free postage
- £30.59Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis critical engagement with Doreen Massey's ground-breaking work in geographic theory and its relationship to politics features specially commissioned essays from former students and colleagues, as well as the artists, political figures and activists whose thinking she has helped to shape.
- Author BiographyDavid Featherstone is a Senior Lecturer in Human Geography at the University of Glasgow, UK. He studied with Doreen Massey for a PhD at the Open University in the late 1990s. His research focuses on transnational social movements and on the relations between space and politics. He is the author of Resistance Space and Political Identities: The Making of Counter-Global Networks (Wiley-Blackwell, 2008), and Solidarity: Hidden Histories and Geographies of Internationalism (2012). Joe Painter is Professor of Geography at Durham University, UK. He also gained his PhD with Doreen Massey at the Open University, a decade earlier than his co-editor. The author (with Alex Jeffrey) of Political Geography: An Introduction to Space and Power (2009), his current research focuses on the prosaic geographies of the state.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- Series TitleRGS-Ibg Book Series
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDavid Featherstone,Joe Painter,Professor Joe Painter
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £23.48Trending at £24.50
- £20.52Trending at £21.10
- £13.79Trending at £18.95
- £19.26Trending at £25.92
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £17.34Trending at £22.47
- £17.42Trending at £24.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.