All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.72Trending at £6.98
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.73Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
About this product
- Author(s)Paul Della Valle
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/08/2013
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleSpeaking Ill of the Dead: Jerks in History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Weight18 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Author BiographyPaul Della Valle, father of three and grandfather of two, lives on five acres of an old farm in Sterling, Massachusetts with his wife Karen, Yaz, the world's greatest dog, and Boots Vanzetti, their anarchist cat. A golf addict, he mows two of the acres so he can practice hitting full wedges. Della Valle won dozens of writing and reporting awards in a thirty-year career as a journalist that began even before he graduated from Metropolitan State College in Denver in 1979. In 1996, he founded The Lancaster Times and Clinton Courier, which he published for nine years. He has taught writing at Worcester's Clark University and journalism at Boston's Northeastern University. He is also a songwriter, and sings and plays guitar with the Worcester County Bluegrass All Stars. In 2009, Globe Pequot Press published his book Massachusetts Troublemakers: Rebels, Reformers, and Radicals from the Bay State. Noted Boston Globe book critic David Mehegan said of Massachusetts Troublemakers, It's a lively survey of spirited characters ... It reminds us how much we need people who yank our collective social beards, people who know they are different and are happy to be. While researching the life of Horace Mann for that book, Della Valle was motivated to become a public school teacher. He now joyously teaches English to Clinton High School students who inspire him every day.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.