All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA university preparation course published in collaboration with the University of Reading.
- Author BiographyJoan McCormack is the Director of the Self-Access Centre at the University of Reading, and works as an EAP Lecturer and Course Director. She has worked in Japan, Peru and Spain, and has been involved in the field of EAP for the past 12 years. Her areas of interest include the development of materials for teaching extended academic writing and research skills, as well as fostering the development of learner autonomy in students. Joan is co-author of two of the titles in the English for Academic Study series: Extended Writing and Research Skills and Speaking. Sebastian Watkins co-authored the Speaking title in the English for Academic Study series, published by Garnet Education. Since 2002, he has also taught English for Academic Purposes at the University of Reading to both pre-sessional and in-sessional students. Prior to that, Sebastian spent time working in Spain, Turkey, Hungary and Oman, concentrating on Business English, IELTS preparation and teacher training on UCLES CELTA courses. He received a Masters in TEFL from the University of Reading in 2004. He also directs and teaches on tailor-made short courses in ESP for a range of external sponsors. Jonathan Smith has many years' experience teaching and teacher training in Europe, North Africa and the Far East, and now works as an EAP lecturer and course director at the Centre for Applied Language Studies at the University of Reading. His academic interests include the teaching of oral skills and the applications of technology in language learning. He has co-authored two books in the English for Academic Study series: Listening and Pronunciation. Annette Margolis is a teacher at an Italian Commercial High School and an assistant Cambridge ESOL Young Learner CELTA Extension Tutor. Annette has co-presented for Garnet Education with Jonathan Smith at IATEFL (2008) and set up a wikispace for her EAP pre-sessional students at the University of Birmingham. She has co-authored the Pronunciation volume in the English for Academic Study series.
- Author(s)Annette Margolis,Joan McCormack,Jonathan Smith,Sebastian Watkins
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Academic Study S.
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Notefull colour photos, tables and illustrations
- Weight619 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and 3 Audio CDs (Audiobook)
- Edition StatementStudent Manual/Study Guide, American Ed.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.