All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together interviews on the topic of the postcolonial nation with prominent writers from Angola and Mozambique: Luandino Vieira, Ana Paula Tavares, Boaventura Cardoso, Jose Eduardo Agualusa, Ondjaki and Pepetela, Joao Paulo Borges Coelho, Marcelo Panguana, Mia Couto, Paulina Chiziane, Ungulani Ba Ka Khosa, Luis Carlos Patraquim.
- Author BiographyAna Mafalda Leite is professor of African literature at the University of Lisbon. Her areas of research include Mozambican literature, African cultures and literatures in the Portuguese language, oral literature and postcolonial studies. Her recent publications include Oralidades & Escritas Pos-Coloniais (2012). Sheila Khan is a researcher at the Centre for Research in Social Sciences at the University of Minho. Her publications include The Lusotropical Tempest: Postcolonial Debates in Portuguese (2012) and Imigrantes Africanos Mocambicanos: Narrativa de Imigracao e de Identidade e Estrategias de Aculturacao em Portugal e na Inglaterra (2009). Jessica Falconi is a postdoctoral researcher at the Centre for Social Studies at the University of Coimbra and lectures in Portuguese literature at the University of Naples 'L'Orientale'. Her doctoral thesis was published in Italy under the title of Utopia e conflittualita: Ilha de Mocambique nella poesia mozambicana contemporanea (2008). Kamila Krakowska is working towards her doctorate in Brazilian and Mozambican literature at the University of Coimbra, having previously studied at the University of Wroclaw. She has published articles on national identity in the work of Mario de Andrade and Mia Couto.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication18/08/2014
- Series TitleReconfiguring Identities in the Portuguese-Speaking World
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note2, Maps
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAna Mafalda Leite,Jessica Falconi,Kamila Krakowska,Luis R. Mitras,Sheila Khan
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.