Consider these sponsored items
- £9.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpectacles have been used since the thirteenth century, at first by the few people who needed to read, such as churchmen and clerks. This book traces the development and use of eyeglasses from the fourteenth century onwards. It is illustrated with many colour photographs.
- Author BiographyThe late Derek Davidson trained as an optician. After serving in the RASC during the Second World War, he started his own business and a workshop for custom-made fashion spectacles. He also began to collect old spectacles and was the founder of the Ophthalmic Antiques International Collectors Club. This new edition has been completely revised by the author of the club newsletter, Ronald J. S. Macgregor, a retired optometrist, who has been interested in optical history for more than 30 years.
- Author(s)D.C. Davidson,Ronald J.S. MacGregor
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- GenreAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Album S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 227
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width162 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- mrvisapimp16 Nov, 2016by
A marvelous introduction to the world of all things connected to eye-sight and well illustrated. Entertaining and engaging throughout.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.99Trending at £6.99
- £16.78Trending at £20.25
- £13.85Trending at £23.05
- £12.58Trending at £22.99
- £12.58Trending at £15.92
- £4.42Trending at £6.37
- £9.79Trending at £11.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.