Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £13.83Trending at £19.89
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a concise introduction to spectral theory of Hilbert space operators. It presents recent theoretical aspects and features detailed proofs. The coverage of topics is thorough and explores various delicate points and hidden features often left untreated.
- Author BiographyCarlos Kubrusly was born in Rio de Janeiro in November 1947. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Warwick in 1976, held postdoctoral visiting research positions at the Universities of Warwick and Bonn, and has been a faculty member of Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro since 1972, where he became a full professor in 1988. Professor Kubrusly has published over 100 scientific articles in international journals and proceedings of international conferences. He has participated in approximately 40 scientific conferences, all with paper presentation, including plenary sections at the Toulouse IFAC Symposium in 1982 and at the Newport Beach SOTA Conference in 1998, and has also been a member of program committees of several international conferences. Professor Kubrusly was the editor-in-chief of the journal Computational and Applied Mathematics (published by Birkhauser from 1992 to 1998), and coeditor of the book Semigroups of Operators: Theory and Applications (Optimization Software, Los Angeles, 2002). He is the author of five books: An Introduction to Models and Decompositions in Operator Theory , Elements of Operator Theory , and Hilbert Space Operators , all published by Birkhauser in 1997, 2001, and 2003, respectively; Measure Theory by Academic Press in 2007; and recently, The Elements of Operator Theory (2nd enlarged and updated edition of Elements of Operator Theory ) published by Birkhauser in 2011.
- Author(s)Carlos S. Kubrusly
- PublisherBirkhauser Boston Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- Place of PublicationSecaucus
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBirkhauser Boston Inc
- Content Note2 Illustrations, black and white; X, 197 p. 2 illus.
- Weight479 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2012 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.