All listings for this product
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.98
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £9.21Trending at £12.36
- £9.69Trending at £13.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines aspects of spiritual guidance as developed on Mount Athos and upon communities of monks and nuns, spiritual fathers and confessors and lay men and women, in other parts of Greece and in the world. Most of the papers were originally delivered at a conference convened by the Friends of Mount Athos, Cambridge, in 2013.
- Author BiographyGraham Speake studied classics at Trinity College, Cambridge, and was awarded a doctorate by the University of Oxford for a thesis on the Byzantine transmission of ancient Greek literature. He is the founder and Chairman of the Friends of Mount Athos and author of Mount Athos: Renewal in Paradise (2nd edn., 2014), for which he was awarded the Criticos Prize. He is also a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London. Kallistos Ware holds a doctorate in theology from the University of Oxford where from 1966 to 2001 he was Fellow of Pembroke College and Spalding Lecturer in Eastern Orthodox Studies. He is a monk of the monastery of St. John the Theologian, Patmos, and an assistant bishop in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain. In 2007 he was raised to the rank of metropolitan.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight250 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byGraham Speake,Kallistos Ware
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.