All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £100.00Trending at £106.92
- £15.98Trending at £16.64
- £10.39Trending at £10.54
- £6.99Trending at £9.60
- £8.22Trending at £9.46
- £11.10Trending at £13.78
- £11.59Trending at £14.22
About this product
- DescriptionOver the years, the fields of social work and education have grappled separately with definitions of spirituality, ways to integrate spirituality into the classroom, and the rendering of spirituality as a meaningful concept. This book explores the historical and theoretical underpinnings of spirituality in education and social work.
- Author BiographyJanet Groen is an associate professor in adult learning in the Faculty of Education at the University of Calgary. Her research focus on spirituality began with her doctoral dissertation, The Experiences and Practices of Adult Educators of Their Workplaces . She has published articles in the Journal of Transformative Education , The Canadian Journal for Studies in Adult Education , and Teaching in Higher Education . Diana Coholic is an associate professor at Laurentian University. Her current research program investigates the effectiveness of holistic arts-based group methods for the improvement of resilience. She is the author of Arts Activities for Children and Young People in Need: Helping Children to Develop Mindfulness, Spiritual Awareness and Self-Esteem (2010) John R. Graham is Murray Fraser Professor of Community Economic Development, Faculty of Social Work, University of Calgary. He is the author, with A. Al-Krenawi, of Helping Professional Practice with Indigenous Peoples: The Bedouin-Arab Case (2009) and editor, with J. Coates and B. Schwartzentruber, of Canadian Social Work and Spirituality: Current Readings and Approaches (2007).
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Edited byDiana Coholic,Janet Groen,John R. Graham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.