All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures poems from The Country at My Shoulder (1993), A Bowl of Warm Air (1996), Carrying My Wife (2000), Souls (2002) and How the Stone Found Its Voice (2005).
- Author BiographyMoniza Alvi was born in Pakistan and grew up in Hertfordshire. After working for many years as a secondary school teacher, she is now a freelance writer and tutor, and lives in London. Her latest books are Europa (2008), a Poetry Book Society Choice which has been shortlisted for the TS Eliot Prize, and Split World: Poems 1990-2005 (2008), which includes poems from her five previous collections, The Country at My Shoulder (1993), A Bowl of Warm Air (1996), Carrying My Wife (2000), Souls (2002) and How the Stone Found Its Voice (2005). The Country at My Shoulder was shortlisted for the T.S. Eliot and Whitbread poetry prizes, and Carrying My Wife was a Poetry Book Society Recommendation. She received a Cholmondeley Award in 2002.
- Author(s)Moniza Alvi
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2008
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.