Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMike McNamee
- Table Of Contents1. Locating the Ethics in Sport Medicine Ethics SECTION I: Sports Medicine as an Ethical Practice 1. Why Sports Medicine is not Medicine 2. Whose Prometheus?: Transhumanism, Biotechnology and the Moral Topography of Sports Medicine 3. Ethical Practice and Sports Physician Protection: A Proposal SECTION II: Professional Ethics and Sports Medicine 1. On the Duty of the Doctor not to Disclose Athlete Doping Data Without Consent 2. Sports medicine, Confidentiality and the Press 3. Sports Physicians and Anti Doping Governance: Between Collusion and Negligence SECTION III: Ethically Significant Concepts in Sports Medicine: Health, Wellbeing and Harm 1. Suffering in and for Sport: Some Philosophical Remarks on a Painful Emotion 2. Sport, Physical Activity and Well Being: An Objectivist Proposal 3. Investigating Eating Disorders in Elite Gymnasts: Conceptual, Ethical and Methodological Issues SECTION IIV: Doping and the Ethics of Performance Enhancement 1. Ethical and Juridical Peculiarities of Anti-Doping Legislation 2. Beyond Consent: The Ethics of Pediatric Doping 2. The Spirit of Sport and the Medicalization of Anti-Doping: Empirical and Normative Ethics SECTION V: Genetics and the Future of Sports Medicine 1. Genetic Testing and Sports Medicine Ethics 2. What's Wrong with Genetic Enhancement in Sport? 3. Gene Transfer for Pain Tolerance: A Tool to Cope with the Intractable, or an Unethical Endurance-Enhancing Technology?
- Author BiographyMike McNamee is Professor of Applied Ethics in the College of Engineering at Swansea University, UK. He is editor of the international journal Sport, Ethics and Philosophy, co-editor of Routledge's landmark book series Ethics and Sports and a former President of the International Association for the Philosophy of Sport.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.