Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.34Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDavid Rowe,Jay Scherer
- Table Of Contents1. Sport, Public Service Media, and Cultural Citizenship Jay Scherer and David Rowe 2. Before, During, and After the Neoliberal Moment: Media, Sports, Policy, Citizenship Toby Miller 3. Televised Sport and Cultural Citizenship in Canada: The Two Solitudes of Canadian Public Broadcasting? Jay Scherer and Jean Harvey 4. Selling Out: The Gaming of the Living Room Seat for the U.S. Sports Fan Lawrence A. Wenner, Robert V. Bellamy and James R. Walker 5. Football for Everyone? Soccer, Television and Politics in Argentina Pablo Alabarces and Carolina Duek 6. No Longer the Crown Jewels of Sport? Television, Sport and National Events in the UK Raymond Boyle 7. The Law Not Applied: French Controversies about Television Viewer Access to the 2006 European Handball Championship Fabien Ohl and Lucie Schoch 8. Belgium's List of Major Events Mechanism in the Digital Broadcasting Era Katrien Lefever 9. Events of National Importance and Cultural Significance : Sport, Television and the Anti-Siphoning Regime in Australia David Rowe 10. Millennium Blues: The Politics of Media Policy, Televised Sport, and Cultural Citizenship in New Zealand Jay Scherer, Michael Sam and Steven J. Jackson 11. The Political Economy of Sport Broadcasting in the Arab World Mahfoud Amara 12. The Global Popular and the Local Obscure: Televised Sport in Contemporary Singapore Callum Gilmour 13. Sport, Broadcasting and Cultural Citizenship in Japan Donna Wong, Isamu Kuroda, and John Horne 14. The Political Economy of Football Viewership in Africa Muhammed Musa 15. Watching the Football with Raymond Williams: A Reconsideration of the Global Game as a Wonderful Game John Hughson 16. Afterword: Sport, Public Service Media, and a Red Button Future David Rowe and Jay Scherer
- Author BiographyJay Scherer is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation at the University of Alberta. David Rowe is Professor of Cultural Research at the Institute for Culture and Society at the University of Western Sydney, Australia.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.