All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays presented here examine the complexity of black American sports culture, from the organization of semi-pro baseball and athletic programs at historically black colleges and universities, to the careers of individual stars such as Jack Johnson and Joe Louis, to the challenges faced by black women in sports.
- Author BiographyPatrick B. Miller is Professor of History at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago. David K. Wiggins is Professor of Sport History at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/01/2004
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 b&w photographs
- Weight725 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid K. Wiggins,Patrick B. Miller
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £7.04
- £6.99Trending at £10.33
- £16.82Trending at £24.07
- £10.30Trending at £15.03
- £4.06Trending at £7.32
- £13.95Trending at £19.09
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.