All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £27.55Trending at £30.25
- £12.42Trending at £17.90
- £27.06Trending at £29.68
- £12.34Trending at £13.04
- £9.12Trending at £9.27
- £20.63Trending at £28.98
- £17.99Trending at £25.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise and practical handbook covers the breadth of psychiatric conditions with which sportspeople may present.
- Author BiographyDr Alan Currie has been a consultant psychiatrist in full-time NHS practice in the north-east of England since 1997. Additionally he has experience of medical management and served for 4 years on the executive of the General and Community Faculty of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He has published on topics such as social inclusion, remission and recovery in severe mental illness, antidepressant discontinuation syndromes, movement disorders and socio-cultural factors in eating disorders. He has presented his work on illness behaviours in athletes, eating disorders in sport and the rehabilitation of doping offenders at several national and international conferences. He has advised a number of national sports organisations on mental health matters and in 2007 he edited and co-authored the UK Sport guidelines on eating disorders. Dr Bruce Owen works as a full time NHS consultant psychiatrist based in Newcastle upon Tyne. He spent eight years working in an inner city community mental health team before moving to work in a recovery and rehabilitation focussed psychosis service working in both inpatient and community settings. He has a strong interest in medical education being involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate education. He is an Honorary Clinical Lecturer with the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and a Training Programme Director with Health Education North East. As well as being Director of Medical Education with Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS FT he has had educational roles with both the General Adult and Community Faculty and the NE Division of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He has published and presented on a range of topics including studies looking at the aetiology of unipolar and bipolar depression and treatment focused studies in bipolar disorder.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Psychiatry Library Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight174 g
- Width157 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byAlan Currie,Bruce Owen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.