Consider these sponsored items
- £34.58Free postage
- £34.59Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddresses the history and treatment of backache, taking the 'Hadlerian' approach to backaches and the backache treatment industry in order to separate the helpful from the hype. This title argues that regional back pain is overly medicalized by doctors, surgeons, and alternative therapists who purvey various treatment regimens.
- Author BiographyNORTIN M. HADLER, M.D., M.A.C.P., F.A.C.R., F.A.C.O.E.M., is professor of medicine and microbiology/immunology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and attending rheumatologist at UNC Hospitals. His most recent book is Worried Sick: A Prescription for Health in an Overtreated America (UNC Press).
- Author(s)Nortin M. Hadler
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note5 figs., 3 charts, 1 graph, 12 tables, notes, index
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £18.23Trending at £18.43
- £14.28Trending at £16.36
- £36.44Trending at £37.41
- £13.31Trending at £13.52
- £12.06Trending at £15.87
- £10.99Trending at £15.68
- £6.95Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.