All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Symposium at Basel University was an interdisciplinary event where complex issues were elucidated by historians, geographers, sociologists and political scientists. The event enabled East and West European scholars and their American counterparts to exchange their somewhat divergent views. This book deals with this topic.
- Author BiographyDusan Simko is Assistant Professor of Political and Social Geography at the University of Basel. His main field of research since 1989 has been the analysis of the long-term crisis in the Southeast Europe and the stabilization and democratization of the post-war societies in the Western Balkans. Ueli Mader is Professor of Sociology at the University of Basel, responsible for the Institute of Sociology. He was Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and the leader of five Swiss National Science Foundation studies. He is in charge of an interdisciplinary advanced studies diploma (Nachdiplom) in conflict research and conflict resolution. His major research interests are development sociology, political sociology and social policy. Ueli Mader has over 20 years of experience in research and teaching sociological and political aspects of development, poverty and conflict.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication24/05/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleSocial Strategies
- Series Part/Volume Number46
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight300 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byDusan Simko,Ueli Maeder
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.79Trending at £6.98
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.58Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.