Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.95Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by delshel
- Est. delivery by 24 Aug
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionBased on Stephen King's novella THE BODY, director Rob Reiner's STAND BY ME is the disarmingly tender and subtly sublime story of four kids on the precipice of early adulthood who embark upon a quest. There's Gordie (Wil Wheaton), the intelligent, creative one with the obviously bright future. His best buddy, Chris (River Phoenix), hardens his image in order to hide the pain from the physical abuse he endures at home, all the while harboring the hope of escaping that image. Rounding out the foursome are Vern (Jerry O'Connell), the pudgy tagalong, and Teddy (Corey Feldman), a loyal and funny but troubled kid with a death wish.<BR>When the four boys hear about a dead body 20 miles down the railroad tracks from their small Oregon town, they clandestinely set upon the unwieldly journey to lay eyes on this rare find. Amid numerous misadventures, Gordie, Chris, Vern, and Teddy savor what may be their last chance to revel in the simple life of children; around the corner is a future that could tear them apart, not to mention a tough teen gang who desires local fame by finding the body first. Enhanced by excellent performances and an engaging plot, STAND BY ME ranks among the best of the myriad coming-of-age films to dot the 1980s cinematic landscape.
- Leading Role 1River Phoenix
- Director 1Rob Reiner
- Leading Role 2Corey Feldman
- Leading Role 3Wil Wheaton
- Additional Roles byKiefer Sutherland,Bradley Gregg,Richard Dreyfuss,John Cusack,Jason Oliver,Casey Siemaszko,Marshall Bell,Jerry O'Connell,Gary Riley
- ProducerAndrew Scheinman,Bruce A. Evans,Raynold Gideon
- ScreenwriterBruce A. Evans,Raynold Gideon
- Score ComposerJack Nitzsche
- AuthorStephen King
- EditorRobert Leighton
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2000
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesArabic,Bulgarian,Czech,Danish,Dutch,English,Finnish,French,German,Greek,Hebrew,Hindi,Hungarian,Icelandic,Italian,Norwegian,Polish,Portuguese,Spanish,Swedish,Turkish
- Running Time85 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- rambojude10 Oct, 2016by
It came on time and great value .
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- mohammedimotiur...12 Nov, 2014by
that was a good movie, I still thinking about it since I saw it. pretty good copy, so everything good. I recommend this movie.
- jc01059608 Jan, 2014by
Don't expect 'very good' condition...
DVD case was clearly a bit battered with scratches all over it despite being labelled as having none. Disc plays well though, but it's just a shame the case looks like it has been dragged through a minefield.
- 2010.tracey1007 Jan, 2012by
classic film every kid shpuld see.
itsdwally nicw fggggggggggggggggggghgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhn n i i brought this product coz its a great film n thought my daughter might like it as it is a classic film i watched 2. i like the fact it gets all kids guessing and glued 2 tv. it doesnt compare its in a class of its own trace Read full review
- jojobinkz18 Jun, 2011by
Awesome movie, great value for money
Stand By Me is such a classic film and I hold a special place in my heart for it. The acting is perfect, the scenery, the storyline, everything, and is so worth having a copy of. This DVD also comes with a directors commentary, music video and a couple of other extra's, which I think is great. For any movie fan this is truly a classic.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £15.95Trending at £16.15
- £33.99Trending at £43.66
- £23.99Trending at £24.28
- £21.99Trending at £25.98
- £9.16Trending at £18.10
- £5.59Trending at £10.50
- £46.79Trending at £59.90