Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the growth of digital television technology and the revolution in image and video compression, highlighting the need for standardisation in processing static and moving images and their exchange between computer systems.
- Author BiographyMohammed Ghanbari is Professor of Video Networking at the University of Essex, UK. He is best known for pioneering work on two-layered video coding for ATM networks, now known as SNR scalability in standard video codecs. Prior to his academic career, Professor Ghanbari worked for 10 years in broadcasting. He has published more than 550 technical papers, registered for 11 patents and authored/co-authored five books on video networking, many of which have had a fundamental influence in this field. He has been Associate Editor to IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, is on the advisory board of Journal of Image Communication and has been guest editor of numerous special issues on video coding. He is a Fellow of both IEEE and IET, as well as a Chartered Engineer.
- Author(s)Mohammed Ghanbari
- PublisherInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleTelecommunications
- Place of PublicationStevenage
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.