Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £27.52Trending at £27.85
- £26.61Trending at £28.13
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.99
- £22.38Trending at £26.08
- £19.28Trending at £20.69
- £17.29Trending at £22.16
About this product
- DescriptionProvides the go-to reference on how to set standards on tests in education, licensure, and certification. This work catalogues the conceptual and procedural fundamentals of setting performance standards.
- Author BiographyGregory J. Cizek is Professor of Educational Measurement at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. His background in the field of educa-tional assessment includes five years as a manager of licensure and certification testing programs for American College Testing (ACT) in Iowa City, Iowa, and 15 years of teaching experience at the col-lege level, where his teaching assignments have consisted primarily of graduate courses in educational testing, research methods, and statistics. He is the author of over 200 books, chapters, articles, conference papers, and reports. His books include Handbook of Educational Policy (Academic Press, 1998); Cheating on Tests: How to Do It, Detect It, and Prevent It (Lawrence Erlbaum, 1999); Setting Performance Standards: Concepts, Methods, and Perspectives (Lawrence Erlbaum, 2001); and Detecting and Preventing Classroom Cheating (Corwin Press, 2003). Dr. Cizek has served as an elected member and vice president of a local school board in Ohio, and he currently works with several states, organizations, and the U.S. Department of Education on tech-nical and policy issues related to large-scale standards-based testing programs for students in grades K-12. He began his career as an ele-mentary school teacher in Michigan, where he taught second and fourth grades. Michael B. Bunch is Vice-President of Measurement Incorporated, a test development and scoring company serving the statewide assessment community. Dr. Bunch joined MI in 1982 and has built the research and development division of that organization into a team of more than 60 project directors, psychometricians, editors, content specialists, and support staff. Prior to joining MI, Dr. Bunch was a senior professional with NTS Research Corporation, where he provided ESEA Title I evaluation technical assistance to state education agencies. From 1976 to 1978, he was a research psychologist with the American College Testing Program (ACT). Dr. Bunch has authored dozens of professional and technical reports on a variety of topics--many on standard setting--and has presented his work at national conferences, including annual meetings of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME), American Psychological Association (APA), Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), Education Commission of the States (ECS) and Adult Education Research Conference (AERC). He received his Ph.D. in psychological measurement from the University of Georgia.
- Author(s)Gregory J. Cizek,Michael B. Bunch
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication22/11/2006
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.