Consider these sponsored items
- £31.19Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the history and actual premises of Stanislavsky's 'System', separating myth from fact with forensic skill. This book shows how the 'System' was gradually transformed into the Method, popularised in the 1950s by Lee Strasberg and the Actor's Studio. It addresses different relevant scholarship, particularly in Russia.
- Author BiographySharon Marie Carnicke is widely known for her groundbreaking work on Russian acting techniques, her innovative examination of film acting, and her recent collaboration with computer scientists on acting's place in virtual reality. With a Ph.D. in Russian from Columbia University and professional performance experience in New York, Moscow and Los Angeles, she speaks to theatre practitioners and scholars alike. She is currently Professor of Theatre and Slavic Languages at the University of Southern California and the leader of a workshop on Active Analysis (A/ACT) in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Sharon Marie Carnicke
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.01Trending at £5.09
- £20.03Trending at £22.54
- £16.02Trending at £22.20
- £28.00Trending at £34.27
- £23.49Trending at £35.31
- £44.17Trending at £51.85
- £23.80Trending at £37.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.