All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn accessible, informative language, this book describes stunning discoveries in astronomy and solar system science showing that complex organic compounds, formed in and ejected from old stars, could have played a central role in the origin of life on Earth.
- Author BiographySun Kwok is a leading world authority on the subject of astrochemistry and stellar evolution. He is best known for his theory on the origin of planetary nebulae and the death of Sun-like stars. His recent research has been on the topic of the synthesis of complex organic compounds in the late stages of stellar evolution. He is the author of a number of books, including Cosmic Butterflies : The Colorful Mysteries of Planetary Nebulae.
- Author(s)Sun Kwok
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAstronomers' Universe
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 50 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.55Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £6.96
- £7.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £8.61Trending at £8.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.