All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Start-Up City, Gabe Klein, with David Vega-Barachowitz, demonstrates how to affect big, directional change in cities, and how to do it fast. Klein offers guidance for cutting through the morass and a roadmap for getting real, meaningful projects done quickly and having fun while doing it.
- Author BiographyGabe Klein is the former DOT director under Mayor Rahm Emanuel's administration in Chicago and former Director of the District DOT under Mayor Adrian M. Fenty. Before working in local government, Klein worked at a few start-ups, including Zipcar. In 2015, in addition to his other roles, he joined Fontinalis Partners as an SVP (Special Venture Partner) on their new fund. Klein continues to advise a number of technology/transportation start-ups including Bridj, where he provides leadership on strategy. He is on the board of NACTO and Streetsblog. David Vega-Barachowitz is the former Director of the Designing Cities initiative at the National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO). He is currently pursuing his Ph.D. in urban planning at MIT.
- Author(s)David Vega-Barachowitz,Gabe Klein
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication18/11/2015
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Note95 colour figures and photographs
- Weight295 g
- Width150 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.55Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £6.96
- £7.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £8.61Trending at £8.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.