All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores how Chinese institutions have adapted to the new challenges of 'state capitalism'.
- Author BiographyBarry Naughton is So Kwanlok Professor at the Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies, University of California, San Diego. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and a non-resident fellow of the Brookings Institution in Washington, DC. He is author of many books, including Growing Out of the Plan: Chinese Economic Reform, 1978-1993 (Cambridge University Press, 1995, winner of the Masayoshi Ohira Memorial Prize) and The Chinese Economy: Transitions and Growth. He edited the volume Wu Jinglian: Voice of Reform in China, and has published extensively in leading economics and social science journals. He also publishes regular quarterly analyses of China's economic policy-making online at China Leadership Monitor. Kellee S. Tsai is Division Head and Professor of Social Science at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and Professor of Political Science at Johns Hopkins University. She was previously employed at Morgan Stanley and Women's World Banking and has consulted for the World Bank. She has served on the Board of Directors of the National Committee on US-China Relations. She is the author of Back-Alley Banking: Private Entrepreneurs in China, Rural Industrialization and Non-Governmental Finance in Wenzhou (co-authored in Chinese), and Capitalism without Democracy: The Private Sector in Contemporary China. She also co-edited the volume Japan and China in the World Political Economy, and her articles have appeared in journals such as the China Journal, China Quarterly, Comparative Political Studies, Perspectives on Politics, World Development, and World Politics.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleComparative Perspectives in Business History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note46 b/w illus.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBarry Naughton,Kellee S. Tsai
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £42.81Trending at £44.99
- £40.97Trending at £44.62
- £12.27Trending at £15.18
- £8.24Trending at £10.00
- £4.93Trending at £7.98
- £16.20Trending at £18.99
- £56.77Trending at £60.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.