Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £29.78Trending at £31.34
- £14.30Trending at £21.04
- £10.09Trending at £12.93
- £7.57Trending at £8.46
- £28.88Trending at £30.45
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKhair El-Din Haseeb,Youssef Mohammed Sawani
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction General 2. The State and Religion in the Fundamentals of Islam and Contemporary Interpretation 3. State and Religion in a Revolutionary Era: Perspectives and Demands of the Islamic Awakening 4. Approaches to Reforming Contemporary Religious Discourse 5. Religion and the State in Contemporary Arab Society: Theoretically, Practically, and Prospectively 6. Problematics of Political Authority within Islam Case Studies 7. The State and Identity: The Relationship between Religion and Politics - Tunisia as an Example 8. Relationship between State and Religion: Egypt after the Revolution 9. Islamist Political Movements in Yemen 10. Relationship between State and Religion in Saudi Arabia: the Role of Wahabism in Governance 11. Islamists in Power: the case of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt 12. The relationship between religion and the state: the institution of 'Commandment of the Faithful' in Morocco Comparative Studies 13. Representations of religion in secular states: the Muslim communities in Sweden 14. Religion and the State in Turkey and Iran: A Comparative Overview Opinion 15. What Changes have Taken Place in US Foreign Policy towards Islamists? Panel Discussion 16. Towards an intellectual and political understanding of the question of religion and the state
- Author BiographyKhair El-Din Haseeb is the founding Director of the Centre for Arab Unity Studies (CAUS) in Beirut and currently the Chairman of its Board of Directors and Executive Committee. He has played a highly active and influential role in Arab nationalist concerns and initiatives since the 1970's. From 1976 to 1984 he served as Chief of the Natural Resources Science and Technology Division of the United Nations Economic Commission of Western Asia. He is the author of numerous books and articles in both Arabic and English including: The Arab Spring: Critical Analysis (2013).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.