Best-selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £26.24Trending at £26.64
- £4.97Trending at £5.38
- £14.34Trending at £14.49
- £13.44Trending at £15.72
- £11.09Trending at £15.14
- £6.77Trending at £9.08
- £14.46Trending at £20.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the first in a series by leading South African intellectuals on the state of post-apartheid South Africa.
- Author BiographyRoger Southall is a research specialist in the areas of democratisation, governance and labour studies with a southern African area emphasis. He has a PhD in West African Studies/Social and Economic History from the University of Birmingham, England and an MA (Econ) degree from the University of Manchester. He has authored over 100 publications in the form of books, monographs, articles, research reports and chapters in books. He is currently Executive Director of the Democracy and Governance research programme of the HSRC. John Daniel is a research specialist in the areas of foreign policy, political economy and human rights with a southern African area emphasis. He has a BA degree from Natal University and PhD (Political Science) from the State University of New York (SUNY). He has taught at universities in the United States, Europe and Africa and been the Africa editor for Zed Books in London. He also spent three years as a researcher with the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and was part of the team that wrote its seven-volume final report. He is currently a research director in the Democracy and Governance programme of the HSRC. Adam Habib is a research specialist in the areas of state-civil society relations, democratization, institutional transformation and higher education reform. He has a BA degree from Natal University and a Ph.D in Political Science from the City University of New York (CUNY). He is an executive member of the South African Political Science Association, a co-editor of the journals Transformation and Politikon (with John Daniel), and sits on the editorial board of Volunta. He is currently the Director of the Centre for Civil Society at Natal University and a part-time member of the Democracy and Governance programme of the HSRC. Other contributors to the volume include Professors Jonathon Jansen, Nici Nattrass, Gerry Mare, Linda Richter and Maxi Schoeman and such scholars and researchers as Linda Chisholm, Xolela Mangcu, Doreen Atkinson and Sakhela Buhlungu.
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2003
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Out-of-print date09/01/2009
- Content Notetables and charts
- Weight555 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAdam Habib,Roger J. Southall,Sir John Daniel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.