All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- DescriptionThis statistics textbook with applications in radiation protection and dosimetry deals with statistical solutions to problems inherent in health physics measurements and decision making. Includes end-of-chapter problems and numerous worked examples throughout the text.
- Author BiographyJames S. Bogard is a Senior Health Physicist with Dade Moeller in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and an Adjunct Professor in the Departments of Nuclear Engineering and Anthropology at the University of Tennessee. He is the author or co-author of over 85 articles, technical reports and presentations, including a workbook of health physics problems and solutions. Dr. Bogard is a past president of the American Academy of Health Physics, a Fellow of the Health Physics Society and a Distinguished Alumnus of Texas State University. Darryl J. Downing is Vice President, Statistical and Quantitative Sciences, at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceutical company. He was previously a member of the research staff at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and led the Statistics Group for 10 of his 20 years at ORNL. Dr. Downing graduated from the University of Florida in 1974 with a Ph.D. in Statistics. He has authored over 50 publications and has been a Fellow of the American Statistical Association since 2002. He is also a member of the International Statistics Institute since 1997 and serves on the editorial board for Pharmaceutical Statistics. James E. Turner (1930-2008) was a retired Corporate Fellow from Oak Ridge National Laboratory and an Adjunct Professor of Nuclear Engineering at the University of Tennessee. In addition to extensive research and teaching both in the U. S. and abroad, Dr. Turner served on the editorial staffs of several professional journals, including Health Physics and Radiation Research, and was active in a number of scientific organizations. He is a former member of the NCRP, a Past President of the American Academy of Health Physics, and a former Board Member of the Health Physics Society. In 1992 he received the Distinguished Scientific Achievement Award of the Health Physics Society and, in 2000, the William McAdams Outstanding Service Award of the American Board of Health Physics. Dr. Turner published widely in radiation physics and dosimetry and also on the chemical toxicity of metal ions. He is the author of three textbooks.
- Author(s)Darryl J. Downing,James E. Turner,James S. Bogard
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight996 g
- Width170 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.