All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £37.23Trending at £62.06
- £31.22Trending at £32.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe first publication to examine the topic from a statistician's perspective, this volume surveys the latest research on frequency estimation, devotes a whole chapter to data analysis, and discusses a number of problems that remain open to future research.
- Author BiographyDebasis Kundu is currently the Arun Kumar Chair Professor at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics in the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. He received his B-Stat and M-Stat from the Indian Statistical Institute, MA (Mathematics) from the University of Pittsburgh and Ph.D. from the Pennsylvania State University under the guidance of Professor C.R. Rao in the area of statistical signal processing. He has worked in the University of Texas and Dallas for a year before joining the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur as an Assistant Professor. His research interests include statistical signal processing, reliability theory, statistical computing, distribution theory and competing risks. He has published more than 175 research papers in different national and international journals. He is a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India and a Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, UK. He is in the editorial boards of Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, Journal of Statistics and Applications, Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods. Swagata Nandi is currently an Assistant Professor at the Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Unit of the Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi Center. She received her M.Sc. and Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology. Kanpur. Before joining the Indian Statistical Institute as an Assistant Professor, she was a post doctoral fellow at the University of Heidelberg and at the University of Mannheim. Her research interests include statistical signal processing, analysis of surrogate data, EM algorithm and bootstrapping technique. She has more than 25 research publications in different national and international journals. She is the recipient of the Indian Science Congress Association Young Scientist award and is the winner of the 'C.L. Chandana Award for Students'.
- Author(s)Debasis Kundu,Swagata Nandi
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2012
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight224 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.