CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionAgreement assessments are widely used today. Successful applications in these situations require an understanding of both the underlying theory and practical problems in real-life. This book blends theory and applications while presenting practical examples.
- Author BiographyDr. Lawrence I. Lin is Principal Scientist of Baxter International Inc., in the Department of Biostatistics. He is also Adjunct Professor in the Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago. More than thirty years consulting experience in clinical trials, research and development (mostly animal toxicity and physiology studies), assay validation and methods comparisons, reliability of products, lab quality control (QC), virus assay and inactivation process, pharmacokinetics, marketing research, litigation, outcome research, product stability, trending of rare events (signal detection), and agreement assessment. His main lines of research include assessment of agreements, surveillance strategies, data transformation, discriminant analysis, design of clinical trials, medical and pharmaceutical statistics, linear and non-linear modeling, and robust statistics. He has published publications over 30 articles to the traditional journals. Dr. Lin is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, and an elected member of the International Statistical Institute. He has served on as a referee of many international journals including Journal of American Statistical Association, Biometrics, Statistics in Medicines, Communication in Statistics, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, Journal of Applied Statistics, Journal of Probability and Statistics, to name a few. Wenting Wu is a lead statistician at Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, and Assistant Professor of Biostatistics in Mayo Clinic Graduate School. Her primary research interests are in the areas of designing clinical trials in cancer and measuring agreements. Areas of active research include randomized phase II trials; meta-analyses; prognostic factor analyses; and clinical efficacy endpoint selections in phase II/III trials. In the last five years, Dr. Wu published more than 40 peer-reviewed articles, 2 book chapters, and more than 20 letters and conference abstracts. In addition, she has served as a statistical reviewer for about 10 international journals. A.S. Hedayat is Distinguished Professor of Statistics and Senior Scholar in the Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago. His main lines of research and statistical consulting include design of experiments, medical and pharmaceutical statistics, environmental statistics, forensic statistics, surveillance strategies, assessment of agreements, and survey sampling. In addition to the traditional journal publications of over 160 articles he has also co-authored three books on statistics. Professor Hedayat is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, and an elected member of the International Statistical Institute. He has served on the editorial boards of many international journals including The Annals of Statistics, American Statistical Association, and The American Statisticians and the Bulletin of Iranian Mathematical Society.
- Author(s)A. S. Hedayat,Lawrence Lin,Wenting Wu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note39 black & white tables, biography
- Weight285 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.