Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.75Trending at £48.84
- £24.36Trending at £25.35
- £14.41Trending at £15.79
- £9.07Trending at £10.01
- £12.98Trending at £14.49
- £18.55Trending at £19.53
- £11.35Trending at £16.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces the modeling process of turbulent particulate flows which are encountered in many engineering and environmental applications. Views the modeling process from a mesoscopic level, and offers many numerical simulations of basic processes.
- Author BiographyDr. John Shrimpton teaches fluid mechanics in university of Southampton. His main research activities are physics of dense particle systems (i.e. agglomerates and unstable heaps of particles, usually applied to pharmaceutical powder systems), particle-turbulence interactions (clouds, most industrial spray systems) and multiphase systems that contain electric charge (plasma reactors, electrostatic sprays). He uses both experimental methods and optical diagnostics in addition to actively developing several high quality numerical codes for the computational simulation of particle laden flows.
- Author(s)J. S. Shrimpton,Sina Haeri,Stephen J. Scott
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2014
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note16 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 122 p. 16 illus.
- Weight375 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2014 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.