Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.39Trending at £6.43
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £18.71Trending at £20.39
About this product
- DescriptionAdapted from the Booker Prize-winning novel by Paul Scott, Staying On is both witty and deeply moving. It is a compelling story of a forty-year love affair and a unique portrait of the end of an era. Set in India, the tale of a English couple who decide to stay there after independence in 1947.
- Author BiographyKen Taylor was born in 1922 in, Bolton, Lancashire. He was educated at Gresham's School, Holt and then trained at the Old Vic Theatre School. He entered television in 1956 and has since gained many credits for original plays and adaptations. His stage plays include 'Staying On' and 'The Strange Affair Of Charles Bravo'. His screenplays include 'The Seekers', 'The Long Distance Blue', 'Into the Dark', 'The Slaughtermen', 'The Devil and John Brown', 'Shoulder to Shoulder', 'The Poisoning of Charles Bravo' and 'The Devil's Crown'. Paul Scott was born in London, served in the British army and in the Indian army in India and Malaya. His novels provide a vivid portrait of India during the last years of the Raj.
- Author(s)Ken Taylor,Paul Scott
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.