All listings for this product
Best-selling in Transport
Save on Transport
- £1.63Trending at £3.02
- £7.00Trending at £8.29
- £9.69Trending at £9.85
- £11.69Trending at £12.25
- £10.20Trending at £10.41
- £22.29Trending at £22.65
- £10.99Trending at £12.26
About this product
- DescriptionMany of today's railway enthusiasts were first attracted to the hobby by the urge to capture the last days of steam on Ulster's railways in the early 1960s. Relive this era through the images captured by Richard Whitford who took photographs from 1960 when there was still an amazing variety of engines. Captions by Ian McLarnon Sinclair.
- Author BiographyRichard Whitford has been a lifelong transport enthusiast and a photographer for over 50 years. Some of his photographs have featured in many books and periodicals in the past, but this is the first publication to be entirely devoted to his work and largely uses previously unpublished material. Now retired, Richard spent most of his working life with Northern Ireland Railways as a signalman and an inspector. Ian McLarnon Sinclair is a Programme Coordinator with BBC Northern Ireland and has produced a number of radio documentaries on transport matters. He is a former member of North Down Borough Council and in recent years has played an active role campaigning for the retention of railways in Northern Ireland. A lifelong railway enthusiast, Ian previously worked for Northern Ireland Railways in the Signals and Telegraphs department. His book Along UTA Lines was published by Colourpoint in 2002.
- Author(s)Ian McLarnon Sinclair,Richard Whitford
- PublisherColourpoint Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleIrish Railway Photographers S.
- Place of PublicationNewtownards
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintColourpoint Books
- Content Noteb&w photographs
- Width240 mm
- Height204 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.