Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.90Trending at £16.99
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.06Trending at £9.41
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionA chronicle of the lives of three men, John Fitch, James Rumsey and Robert Fulton, all striving to invent the first steamboat. The author shows the pattern of their interwoven fates in this tale of anguished pioneering .
- Author BiographyJames Thomas Flexner is a National Book Award Laureate; recipient of a special Pulitzer Prize Citation; winner of the Society of American Historians' Parkman Prize, the gold medal of the American Academy of Arts and Letters for Eminence in Biography. James Thomas Flexner has won a Special Pulitzer Prize Citation, a National Book Award, and a Christopher's Award for his four-volume biography, Washignton: An Indispensable Man. A foremost man of letters, Flexner has written with equal distinction in the fields of American history, biography and art.
- Author(s)James Thomas Flexner
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1993
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight678 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.