Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £6.53Trending at £6.94
- £9.60Trending at £13.18
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £10.75Trending at £13.89
- £10.79Trending at £12.44
About this product
- DescriptionRailroads helped to define the character of America, and that certainly was the case in Iowa. Pioneer lines penetrated the interior from Mississippi River communities during the state's early railroad era, and later opened up huge tracts for agricultural opportunity, and urban development. This work gives a survey of Iowa's railroad experience.
- Author BiographyDon L. Hofsommer, Professor of History at St. Cloud State University, is author of Katy Northwest (IUP, 1999). A native of Iowa, he now resides in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
- PrizesWinner of Shambaugh award fianlist 2005AASLH Award of Merit winner 2006.
- Author(s)Don L. Hofsommer
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2005
- GenreTransport Industries
- Series TitleRailroads Past and Present
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note200 b&w photos, 50 figures
- Weight1420 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.