All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.99Trending at £6.82
- £9.06Trending at £10.44
- £4.50Trending at £7.99
- £4.95Trending at £7.98
- £7.36Trending at £9.97
- £3.98Trending at £6.38
- £4.00Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionSantiago, a two-time winner of the Brazilian national book award, sets his sensational story of sexual scandal and political intrigue in the Brazilian exile community in New York City in the late 1960s. Stella Manhattan is an electrifying adventure story about a young gay Brazilian man trying to make a go of it in New York.
- Author BiographySilviano Santiago was born in Brazil in 1936. He is the author of four novels, several volumes of short stories, poetry, and literary and cultural criticism. His Em Liberdade (1982) earned him the prestigious Jabuti Prize for the best Brazilian novel and he has been named a Chevalier dans l'Ordre des Palmes Academiques by the French Minister of Education. Having taught in universities throughout the United States and France, he now resides in Rio de Janeiro where he dedicates himself to teaching at the Universidade Federal Fluminense and writing fiction and criticism. George Yudice is Professor of Romance Languages at Hunter College and Professor of Cultural Studies at the City University of New York Graduate Center.
- Author(s)Silviano Santiago
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1994
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Translated byGeorge Yudice
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.