All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStephen Hawking is one of the most remarkable figures of our time - a Cambridge genius who has earned international celebrity and become an inspiration to those who have witnessed his triumph over disability. This title tells Hawking's life story. It also summarizes and explains the science in which Hawking has been engaged.
- Author BiographyKitty Ferguson was born in San Antonio, Texas. She studied at the Juilliard School of Music in New York and was for many years a successful professional musician, conducting and performing oratorio, early music and chamber music. In 1986 she moved to England where her husband was a Visiting Fellow and later Life Member of Clare Hall, Cambridge University. During this and many subsequent periods of residence at Cambridge, Kitty Ferguson audited graduated lectures and seminars in the Department of Applied Maths and Theoretical Physics and got to know some of the legendary figures in those fields, including Stephen Hawking. In 1987 she retired from music to devote herself full time to writing about science.
- Author(s)Kitty Ferguson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Out-of-print date14/12/2016
- Weight391 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.