All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection brings together four of the early plays from the winner of the 2002 Pearson Best New Play Award. Since Bluebird in 1998, Stephens has gained recognition for humane plays that display a sharp observation and compassionate response to the lives of ordinary people in urban locations.
- Author BiographySimon Stephens' play Bring Me Sunshine was staged at 1997 Edinburgh Fringe Festival, transferring to the Riverside Studios in London the same year (revived in 2000 at the Manchester Royal Exchange). B luebird was produced by the Royal Court in London in 1998. Simon Stephens was writer-in-residence at the Royal Exchange Theatre in 1999 and in 2000 he was the Arts Council Resident Dramatist at the Ro yal Court. His next play, Herons (Royal Court, 2001), was nominated for the Olivier Award for Most Promising Playwright. His radio play Five Letters to Elizabeth was broadcast on Radio 4 in 2001, and Digging on Radio 4 in 2003. His next stage play, Port (Royal Exchange, Manchester, 2002), was awarde d the Pearson Award for Best New Play in 2001/2. One Minute was produced by the Actor's Touring Company in June 2003. Christmas premiered at the Pavilion Theatre, Brighton, before transferring to the Bush Theatre, London, in January 2004. Country Music was produced by the Royal Court in 2004.
- Author(s)Simon Stephens
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleContemporary Dramatists
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight423 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
Save on Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
- £15.60Trending at £18.86
- £9.41Trending at £9.92
- £12.74Trending at £15.13
- £9.51Trending at £10.96
- £7.58Trending at £9.95
- £12.02Trending at £16.49
- £12.50Trending at £14.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.