All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking flowers as its theme, this beautiful book offers textile artists a unique insight into the design process itself as well as expert guidance on broad range of techniques and materials.
- Author BiographyBobby Britnell has always loved making things and needlework was the subject that she enjoyed most at school. Doing something creative with her hands was the obvious career path to follow and her first full-time job was working for Lord St John Roper, a theatrical costumiers in the West End of London, where she made elaborate costumes for both television and theatre.She later worked for Sir Bernard Weatherall, a high class tailors, where she learnt the skills of tailoring. In 1972, Bobby decided to train to be a teacher and, after qualifying, she spent 12 years teaching in a large comprehensive school, where she became the teacher in charge of textiles throughout the school. Whilst teaching, Bobby studied Embroidery, and in 1986 she moved to rural South Shropshire, UK where she set up home with her husband, two sons and an endless collection of different animals. Bobby has worked since then as a professional textile artist and tutor both in the UK and abroad. She now has her own studio and runs classes in art, design and stitched textiles, which is attended by students from all over the world. She is a member of the Embroiderers Guild and of the Textile Study Group, a national teaching and exhibiting group. Her work is exhibited and held in private collections worldwide.
- Author(s)Bobby Britnell
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleStitched Textiles
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note300 colour
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 9090jean27 Oct, 2016by
What's not to like?
Excellent value book in really good condition. Look forward to learning from it. Well illustrated, clear instructions.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.27
- £30.35Trending at £43.00
- £9.53Trending at £9.82
- £14.09Trending at £15.23
- £7.49Trending at £7.69
- £18.13Trending at £25.00
- £14.05Trending at £17.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.