All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe book introduces at a master's level the numerical methods that use probability or stochastic concepts to analyze random processes. The book aims at being rather general and is addressed at students of natural sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, etc. ) and Engineering, but also social sciences (Economy, Sociology, etc.
- Author BiographyRaul Toral is head of the department of Complex Systems at IFISC (Palma de Mallorca, Spain). He obtained his academic degrees from Barcelona university (Spain), spent two years at THE Physics Department of Edinburgh University (UK), and two more years at Lehigh University (Pennsylvania, USA), before joining the University of Balearic Islands where he has been a full professor since 1994. Prof. Toral has authored 200 scientific publications. He was the director of the Physbio International Summer School on Stochastic Processes in Biology held in St. Etienne de Tinnee (France) in 2006, and a member of the editorial board of Fluctuations and Noise Letters (2005-2007), as well as the organizer of several conferences devoted to basic issues and applications of Nonlinear and Statistical Physics. Pere Colet is Research Professor at IFISC (CSIC-UIB). He obtained his M.Sc. degree in physics from Universitat de Barcelona (1987) and his Ph. D. also in Physics from Universitat de les Illes Balears (1991), Spain. He was a postdoctoral Fulbright fellow at the School of Physics of the Georgia Institute of Tecnology. In May 1995, he joined the Spanish Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas. He has co-authored over 100 papers in ISI journals as well as 35 other scientific publications. His research interests include fluctuations and nonlinear dynamics of semiconductor lasers, synchronization of chaotic lasers and encoded communications, synchronization of coupled nonlinear oscillators, pattern formation, and quantum fluctuations in nonlinear optical cavities and dynamics of dissipative solitons.
- Author(s)Pere Colet,Raul Toral
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication09/07/2014
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight926 g
- Width170 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.