All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.84
- £8.20Trending at £10.36
- £9.51Trending at £10.08
- £10.43Trending at £11.89
- £24.99Trending at £33.50
- £9.08Trending at £10.43
- £5.23Trending at £5.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe Stoic philosophers of ancient Greece and Rome were interested in the emotions. This book shows that they did not simply advocate a suppression of feeling, as stoicism implies in English, but examined these powerful psychological responses, seeking to understand what attitude toward them expresses the deepest respect for human potential.
- Author BiographyMargaret R. Graver is professor of classics at Dartmouth College.
- Author(s)Margaret R. Graver
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication24/11/2009
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note9 tables
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.