All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £22.45
- £23.53Trending at £23.86
- £18.29Trending at £22.03
- £20.44Trending at £21.21
- £36.00Trending at £38.34
- £26.11Trending at £28.60
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book features novice teachers and how they were, or were not, mentored or inducted by schools. Using data collected over a three-year period, the cases inform school principals and district-level administrators of situations promoting or hindering new teacher growth, in order to lower attrition rates and foster student achievement.
- Author BiographyLisa Scherff is currently associate professor of English education at the University of Alabama, where she teaches courses in adolescent literacy/literature, writing, methods of teaching, and teacher effectiveness. Her research focuses on teacher preparation/induction/mentoring and opportunity to learn. Previously, Scherff taught high school English and reading. Mike Daria is a practicing educator as a teacher, assistant principal, principal, and director of personnel. Daria also teaches courses in educational leadership and curriculum and instruction. He earned his doctorate in educational leadership from the University of Alabama.
- Author(s)Lisa Scherff,Mike Daria
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication14/08/2010
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight240 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.